Motorcycle GPS Tracking
How to Upload a GPS Trace to OpenStreetMap
Convert your GPS trace to the GPX file format if your GPS device does not supply this format natively.Only GPS traces in the GPX file format can be uploaded to OpenStreetMap.
Go to the .Note that you must have an account and be logged in to upload a GPS trace.
Click the Browse button.
Select your file and click Open.
Enter a Description and Tags (optional).When uploading GPX files, tags provide a simple way to describe your GPS traces. They make your GPX file findable with a single word and allow you to group the trace alongside other similar traces. For example, all the traces tagged 'Melbourne' are listed at www.openstreetmap.org/traces/tag/Melbourne.
- Tags are case-sensitive, so Melbourne and melbourne may supply different results.
- Each file can have many tags, and you can enter as many as you like with commas (",") between them.
- Usually the tags are the names of countries, cities and other places your trace concerns.
- All the traces you upload will be accessible from your OpenStreetMap profile (unless you choose "trackable" or "private" visibility), so there's no need to use a tag to identify your traces from other people's.
Choose the visibility of your trace.You can review a description of each visibility level ; generally in order of most public to least public, the options are identifiable, public, trackable, and private.
Click Upload.The file will be uploaded to the OSM server, where it will join the queue of files waiting to be inserted into the database.
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Once your GPS trace is uploaded, the points are extracted and inserted into the database. They aren't added to the OpenStreetMap though until you (or somebody else) uses an editor to draw them using the GPS trace as a guide.
Video: Upload a GPS track from within Open GPS Tracker
What is Community Supported Agriculture
The 22 Push-Up Challenge Is About to Take Over Your Newfeed
Women Who Give Birth In the Winter Are Less Likely to Suffer Postnatal Depression, Study Shows
Sheryl Ross, M.D
Why Versace’s Spring Collection Is One for the Books
Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2019 In Paris
This is the non-surgical vaginal treatment that could change your sex life
Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation, 1 oz - . - (Medium-Dark With Warm Undertone)
Hair fall control with vitamin e How Vitamin E is useful in hair loss treatment
How to Have Fun with Your Teenage Friends (Girls)
Alexander McQueen To Show Fall 2019 Collection In London
How to Build a Model Railroad
Date: 06.12.2018, 18:17 / Views: 84553