Chocolate Dipping Spoons to pair with Starbucks Coffee | Elise Strachan | My Cupcake Addiction
How to Make Sprinkled Chocolate Party Spoons
Pick Up Supplies and Ingredients
Determine if you will be serving chocolate on top of plastic or silverware spoons.Chocolate spoons can be an added treat for adult/fancy dinner parties too so determine what kind of spoons will be appropriate for the event.
Identify the party food theme.Even though you are going to be serving chocolate you will be enhancing these spoons with other ingredients. For example, if you are serving the chocolate spoons following a Mexican fiesta you may want to add some spice or even a slight kick to the chocolate such as a small dash of cayenne pepper. For a kids' party you could reproduce a "worm in dirt" on a smaller scale with a small gummy worm and Oreo crumbles.
Purchase spoons(unless you have them at home), supplies and ingredients.You'll need high quality chocolate (milk, dark, white–whatever you desire), confection enhancements, cookie sheets, parchment paper and a few spatulas (to hold the spoons in place while you create them).
- Take into consideration how each spoon will look with its adornments. You may not be able to fit a lot on each spoon so while shopping for confections, think mini (mini M&M's, mini jelly beans, etc.).
- Find a large glass bowl at home that you will use for melting the chocolate. If you don't plan to microwave the chocolate, find a double boiler (or stackable pots to create a double boiler).
Create the Chocolate Spoons
Line the parchment covered cookie sheet(s) with spoons.Make sure they are level by either propping the spoon handle against a spatula or even a small book. You want the entire spoon area to be filled with chocolate. If you don't have enough spatulas or books for the entire batch at once, work in groups (for example, doing 10 at a time).
Heat the chocolate in either the microwave (in the glass bowl) or the double boiler.Stir chocolate constantly to avoid having it burn or clump.
- Stir and heat until chocolate is nearly 80% melted. Remove from heat and continue stirring until chocolate has completely melted and is smooth.
Pour chocolate into spoons, filling 80% of the way.Use a small spoon or pour using a spouted measuring cup to dispense chocolate. Work quickly as you don’t want the chocolate to harden during the process.
Add confections to each spoon.If you plan to dip the spoon into a powdery substance (such as crystal sugar or ginger) be sure you carefully dip so that it doesn’t disturb the balance of the chocolate.
Allow spoons to rest/set for approximately 20 minutes.Expedite the process by placing cookie sheet in the refrigerator. Be sure the cookie sheet remains level so the chocolate doesn’t shift or move.
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Serve chocolate spoon desserts along with a dessert buffet for those who opt for a quick bite of sweetness and not the whole dessert.
- Include a small card containing the calories in one chocolate spoon (most likely less than other desserts) for those calorie conscious guests.
Video: 5 Easy Rainbow Snacks for Spring
Easiest Party Planning Tip
Free Office Food: When It Stops Being a Perk
7 Effective Solutions For Body Odor
How to Dress SemiFormal As a Guy
How to Lose Weight Just by Exercising
7 Quirky Pregnancy Symptoms Explained
How to Use Wtfast
How to Attract Customers to Your Restaurant
How to Execute a Leg Curl
Butternut Squash Chips
How to get a workplace spouse
Date: 10.12.2018, 13:04 / Views: 71284