I Let My Most Stylish Friends Dress Me For A Week
How to Dress Boldly
Bold(adjective) - "showing a willingness to take risks; confident and courageous."(As defined by the Oxford English dictionary.)
Have you ever wanted to show off your killer fashion sense by wearing bold, fun patterns and bright colors but never knew how? Here you can find out how to dress boldly and make a statement wherever you go.
Learn to be comfortable dressing boldly. In order to dress boldly, you have to be okay with the attention that a bold style garners. People stare at those who look different and bold clothing is a way that people look different. Once you are okay with the idea of people staring at you then you can begin your journey of dressing boldly. It takes time to feel confident in how you look to the point of where you feel fine of people stare at you. Don't rush it; take it slow. You'll get there!
Find your style.When dressing boldly, you will want to have an idea of what your unique style is. Everyone has their own unique style. Whether it is a preference for dresses or pants, blue or green, or sneakers versus sandals, everyone has an idea of what they like to wear, and figuring that out is a good way to start dressing boldly!
- Remember that dressing boldly doesn't necessarily mean dressing crazily or wearing things you'd never want to wear. It means having confidence and being courageous when picking outfits and when wearing different looks.
Take into consideration what you already have.A lot of the time, people think you have to either go out and buy a whole new wardrobe or make new things in order to dress boldly. This however, is not the case. You can dress boldly using what you already have at home. Mixing different patterns and colors together is an easy way to dress boldly. For example, if you happen to own a bright purple shirt, instead of matching it with a basic pair of dark colored jeans, try opting instead for that pair of bright green pants that you threw in the back of your closet for a more bold, out of the ordinary look.
Go through your wardrobe.Pick a day that you have some time and go through your closet. Try on all your clothes so you know what fits and what doesn't. Pick out the pieces that don't fit and separate those into a pile that you will get rid of. For the clothing that does fit, separate those into piles based on the type of clothing. Have a pants pile, a dress pile, a dress shirt pile, a T-shirt pile, etc. Separating these pieces will make it easier for you to know everything that you own already, so pairing things up will be easier later on.
Building Your Ideas
Pair things up.An important step in dressing boldly and getting away with it is to pair things up that are bold but still work together. Anyone can mix random colors and patterns and create an outfit, but doing it well to the point where it looks good is a whole other story. When putting together an outfit, take into consideration what colors, patterns, and fabrics work well together.
Take color into consideration.Colors such as blue and orange, green and red, and purple and yellow, are just a few color combinations that work well together.
- A color wheel can also be helpful in determining good color combos. You can find one online easily and check out colors using that. Check out primary and secondary colors and the differences in different color shades.
Take patterns into consideration.Patterns are a great way to stand out, but only if they're paired together correctly! For example, plaid and stripes usually don't look great together. Plaid and polka dots usually go together very well! There are tons of different patterns in the world so don't be afraid to experiment. Cool patterns include plaid, stripes, polka-dots, and houndstooth.
Try out different fabric types.Leather is super fun to work with and can come in many cool colors. Silks, cloth materials, cotton, cashmere, wool, pleather, and angora are a few great textures that help dress up a look!
Avoid conflicting pieces.Usually different colors put together don't clash very much so you can get away with wearing them. However, as mentioned above, some patterns do not go well together. An easy step in preventing clashing is to limit outfits to no more than 2-3 patterns at a time. Too many patterns can cause things to get a little crazy-looking, so limiting them will give you less to worry about and will keep things more toned down and natural looking.
- Be sure to consider the colors of your patterns carefully as well. Use your color knowledge match patterns with colors that work well. That helps to prevent clashing and will make the outfit look more put together.
Use accessories to bring it all together.Things such as belts (either neutral colored or in bright, fun patterns and colors), jewelry, cool socks in unusual patterns, out-of-the-ordinary sunglasses, and even ties in different patterns, colors, or styles can help make an outfit look really bold and put together. Pick what accessories you like and make it your own!
Rock your look!The most important step in dressing boldly is rocking your look. When you walk confidently and feel comfortable in what you are wearing, you'll look bolder to others. Stand up tall, be proud, and smile! You look great!
QuestionIs a blue shirt and khakis good enough? I feel most comfortable in this but others tell me I'm not fashionable enough.Gia WilliamsCommunity AnswerIf you feel comfortable and happy in what you are wearing then it's definitely good enough. Part of being bold is not caring what others think of your look. As long as you like it, that's what matters. However, being bold also means having a willingness to take risks with your look. You can always continue dressing how you want, but try incorporating some new pieces to really step up your game and stay on top of things.Thanks!
- A good way to find colors that work well together is to consult a color chart for ideas. Try putting different colors near each other and compare until you have a combination that you find appealing.
- Experiment, experiment, experiment! Keep trying out different looks or items until you find something that works and makes you happy in it!
- Choose comfortable clothes! You'll look and feel better if you are comfortable in what you are wearing. You don't have to wear super tight pants, or really big hats to be bold and look stylish.
- Black goes with everything! Adding a little black to your outfit won't stop it from being bold. In fact, it can even aid in making some clothes stand out! Don't be afraid to incorporate it in.
- After going through your closet and separating your clothes, take the old clothes that don't fit and donate them.
- Don't let others tell you how to dress or look. Be confident in your ability to dress and have fun with your look!
- Watch your fabrics! Some skin types are allergic to different fabrics like wool. Always buy fabrics that you either already know you aren't allergic to or that you have tested on a small patch of skin for a reaction.
- Don't let the media control your look. Magazine articles and TV shows may try and tell you what you should or should not wear. Don't listen to this! Dress for you and nobody else. If you love suspenders, wear them! Never let anyone dictate how you should look or dress.
- Don't rush! It may take time for a person to feel completely comfortable wearing super creative, crazy, and bold clothing. If you don't feel completely comfortable wearing a super bright outfit yet, try to incorporate small pieces and build your way into it. Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day.
Video: A Boy Band Styled Me For A Week Feat. PRETTYMUCH
Could Being a Little Overweight Help You Live Longer
How to Say I Love You in Arabic
Eating little and often
10 Designers To Know at Australian Fashion Week
Steroids: Friend or foe
20 Best Drugstore Eyeshadow Palettes Under20
Ten-Minute Bodyweight Workout
9 Things to Know Before Starting the Mediterranean Diet
Hair Fall In Hindi