White Bean and Aromatic Vegetable Ragout
Greek Chicken and Vegetable Ragout
Chicken thighs stay moist and succulent during slow cooking, infusing the accompanying vegetables with superb flavor. This easy braise has a luxurious finish of avgolémono, a versatile Greek sauce made with egg, lemon and fresh dill. Serve with whole-wheat orzo or crusty bread to soak up the sauce.
TOTAL TIME:4 hr 40 min
1 pounds carrot(s)
cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
1 pounds potato(es)
(3-4 medium) yellow-fleshed, peeled and cut lengthwise into 1 1/4-inch-wide wedges
2 pounds chicken, thighs, boneless, skinless
- 14 ounce(s) broth, chicken, less sodium
- 1/3 cup(s) wine, dry white
4 clove(s) garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
15 ounce(s) artichoke hearts, frozen
thawed, rinsed and quartered if large
- 1 egg(s)
- 2 egg yolk(s)
- 1/3 cup(s) lemon juice
1/3 cup(s) dill
pepper, black ground
1. Spread carrots and potatoes over the bottom and up the sides of a 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Arrange chicken on top of the vegetables.
2. Bring broth, wine, garlic and salt to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Pour over the chicken and vegetables. Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender, 2 1/2 to 3 hours on high or 4 to 4 1/2 hours on low.
3. Add artichokes to the slow cooker, cover and cook on high for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk egg, egg yolks and lemon juice in a medium bowl.
4. Transfer the chicken and vegetables to a serving bowl using a slotted spoon. Cover and keep warm.
5. Ladle about 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid into the egg mixture. Whisk until smooth. Whisk the egg mixture into the remaining cooking liquid in the slow cooker. Cover and cook, whisking 2 or 3 times, until slightly thickened and sauce reaches 160°F on an instant-read thermometer, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in dill and pepper. Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables and serve.
Video: Italian Style Vegetable Ragu Recipe - Shallots Garlic Tomato Vegan
See How Kylie Jenner Has Been Hiding Her Growing Baby Bump
How to Make a Ninja Star from Square Paper
Chips Made of Beans and Rice
Angelina Jolie Calls On UN Peacekeeping Officials To Crack Down On Sexual Violence
Everyone has something to offer, no matter how little experience you have
Curried Turkey-and-Mango Wraps
Five ways cardio can boost muscle gain
How to Avoid an Abusive Relationship
A Leisurely Morning
The Best Wines to Drink If Youre Trying to Lose Weight
How to Keep Celery Crisp
How to Use Colors in Technical Writing