They Told You Chia Was Good, But They Didn’t Tell You This! - Chia Seeds Benefits
Can Chia Seeds Help You Lose Weight?
The last time chia was this trendy, it was because you could use it to grow a pet... Nowadays, the plant is popular for its nutritious seeds. But could the ch-ch-ch-chia seeds help you keep off the pounds?
The Link Between Chia Seeds and Weight Loss
Most of the purported reasons for chia seeds as a weight-loss tool center around the fact that they're low in calories but packed with fiber, protein, and healthy fats. All of those nutrients are known to boost feelings of fullness, which can lead to eating less and dropping pounds. Some experts report a dietary fiber that's found in chia seeds can lead to weight loss.
One of the few scientific studies about the relationship between chia seeds and weight loss shows that chia seeds can reduce appetite although it didn't go so far as to draw a direct line to weight loss.
While there might not be a definitive link between eating chia seeds and weight loss, it has been shown that eating them can reduce your appetite. Additionally, chia seeds expand in your stomach, making you feel even more full. By keeping yourself satiated, you're much less likely to overeat at meals and reach for snacks.
So why not add them to your diet? The tiny seeds are chock-full of fiber and omega-3s ( the healthy fats). Each tablespoon has about 60 calories, 4g fat, 0mg sodium, 4.5g carbs, 4.5g fiber, 0g sugars, and 2.5g protein. Chia seeds are also great for hair health.
How to Add Chia Seeds to Your Diet Here are some tips on how to incorporate chia seeds into your diet:
- Add chia seeds to your yogurt. This is a classic way to enjoy chia, and it'll give ordinary yogurt a boost of fiber and protein. To add some crunch to your yogurt, sprinkle it with raw chia seeds. To supersize your yogurt, mix in the seeds, and let them expand.
- Blend them into a smoothie. Fill your blender with fruit, ice, and fat-free milk (or your milk swap of choice). Toss in a tablespoon of chia seeds, and blend, baby, blend!
- Make a smoothie bowl with chia seeds. Follow the smoothie advice above, and then pour the mixture into a bowl. Swirl in some yogurt and top with a bit of coconut and sliced almonds. If you like, add a bit more chia on top.
- Put them in your oatmeal. Sprinkle chia seeds over oatmeal for that crunch factor or stir them in and watch your oatmeal grow.
- Toss some seeds onto your salad. Seriously, can you think of a simpler way to add protein and fiber to your lunch or dinner? This also works with fruit salad.
- Mix the seeds with cottage cheese. Start with 2 percent low-fat cottage cheese. Stir in chia seeds, cinnamon, and no-calorie sweetener. Then top it all off with your fruit of choice.
Video: Chia Seeds for Weight Loss | Chia Seeds Benefits | Side Effects | Quick Weight Loss with Chia Seeds
What Everyone Wore to the Elizabeth and James Store Opening Last Night
Keep Gossip Girl Style Alive: Shop Our Picks To Get Blair, Serena and Jenny’s SignatureLooks
Looking To Add A Face Oil To Your Skincare Routine Read This First
6 Low-Cost Workouts to Help You Control Diabetes
This Syrian Couple’s Reunion May Make You Weep
How to Watch Your Crush Without Being Noticed
Serena Williams found out this tragic news before her recent defeat
Topshop is Now Available at Nordstrom
Brain-Boosting Eggplant Lasagna
The Luxury Men’s Trainer Brands You Should Know
This Is How Unbelievably Expensive It Is to Be a Bridesmaid Today
How to Make a Luna Lovegood Costume
Sheryl Ross, M.D
20 Creative Ways to Display Your Wedding Hashtag
Stop Everything, Missy Elliotts First New Song in 3 Years Is Here